Since launching the community forum, and particularly following the momentous GBP slide last week, the feature requests keep piling in the forum – THANK YOU for all the engagement!
The requests are all over the community site – so we thought it’d be better to disclose their scope and direction in a single post, than answer all comments piecemeal. Going forward, if you see any new requests that pertain to Darwinex reloaded, kindly let other readers about this post!
There’s going to be a VERY substantial overhaul of the entire Darwinex in the coming weeks and months. So much change, in fact, we’ve codenamed the project internally as “Darwinex re-loaded”.
This post outlines the core developments – hope plenty of your Father X-Mas feature request list makes the cut 🙂
A LOT. Please find a list of what to expect in the next months.
The investor proposition. We will:
- Substantially reduce default VaR for DARWINs to either 5% or 10%
- Introduce the option to gear up on default VaR for those investors who really want higher returns
- Introduce a completely overhauled risk management engine that will incorporate the many lessons the markets have taught us in the last 12 months
- Introduce limit orders (TP & SL on DARWINs)
- Gradually add more features empowering traders and investors to use DARWINs in the same ways you’d expect from other asset classes
- Introduce fundamental changes to the portfolio concept – with many underlying improvements that will be the foundation of the asset class
The trader proposition
- New assets (CFDs & futures)
- New trading interfaces, including APIs & compatibility with other mainstream charting platforms than MT4
The Darwinex message
When creating the asset class, we’ve had to position ourselves issuing judgment on what we thought “investable”. Thus the investable attributes, the score, the skill levels, etc. Having said that, we’re approaching the point where non-neutrality is neither necessary nor productive. Therefore, Darwinex will genuinely become the DARWIN Exchange, which implies:
- The Levels will disappear
- The investable attributes will NOT disappear – but it’ll be down to individual users to value as they see fit
- Short of disclosing trader intellectual property, we will offer tools so users create their own assessment criteria – including their own personal score, if they wish to, etc.
The entire site. We’ve learnt valuable lessons from users and are changing the complete layout to make
- Everyone’s user experience more intuitive,
- Less intimidating for new users, and
- More sophisticated for sophisticated users!
The algos. We’ve put a lot of work due to finish in the coming months that includes
- All investable attributes to be calculated on a trade by trade basis (as opposed to end of day), which means
- A much improved risk management engine that will overcome many of the issues identified with SNB 2015, GBP Flash Crash 2016, etc.
- Instant upgrades to available information
- A new world of opportunity when it comes to trading support tools…
As you can see – there’s plenty of evolution on its way, and we look forward to feedback on all the above, and indeed any other topics you’d like us to touch upon.
When will this happen?
The releases will take place gradually, but all will be processed as soon as possible! Unfortunately, technology is capricious in delivering unknown unknowns, so we can’t commit to specific timelines yet.
Unfortunately, fundamental overhauls come at a “cost”: development resources are gradually shifting to “Darwinex reloaded” and we’re discontinuing work on the existing site – so… you won’t see material change to the interface in the next weeks, but please bear with us. It’s not that we’ve stopped working, we’re working on stuff that you can’t see yet.
One thing we promise is: it’s worth the wait!