We thought it’d be useful to explain the use of your DarwinEX widgets in this blog post for future reference.
Deploying your widget
All you need is visit the widgets section in the main DarwinEX user menu.
Understanding the syntax
The widget syntax contains the following variables:
- Widget type: there’s currently 3 types of widgets, feel free to share ideas for more!
- Strategy holder: DarwinEX user name of the strategy
- Strategy code: DarwinEX code for the strategy
- Widget publisher: DarwinEX user name for the user publishing the widget
- Size in pixels (note this is widget dependent)
The example below shows the syntax for the return widget in a hypothetical case where SatoTrader publishes the return for his strategy WGD.4.
We have not implemented any authentication to keep things simple – data is public on our LeaderBoard anyways. Rules of engagement
- Any DarwinEX user may publish the track-record for any linked or traded with DarwinEX.
- Any lead first visiting DarwinEX via the widget is credited to the scouting account of the publisher, provided the publisher coincides with the strategy holder
This means that anyone CAN publish (e.g. usurp) someone else’s track record. BUT unless we make an exception (which we may do for trusted educational providers) he/she will NOT be credited for leads. We sometimes tolerate selfish behaviour if it results in a selfless contribution to the Independent Trader movement 🙂 Questions / Suggestions? As ever, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ignacio, Vladi & Co. will be happy to listen & help!