Interview with Alexjacob76
Further to our series of trader interviews, this time we are pleased to interview Alexjacob76, whose DARWIN CDG made it to the top spot in DarwinIA last month.
1. So, tell us a little about yourself. How did you get started and how long have you been trading for?
I have been trading for about 5 years now. I started a little casually but as time went by I became passionate about it. I work exclusively on Forex. After trying hundreds of strategies I developed “ASWSREAL“, which combines a phase of scalping & trend following. I work both manually and through Expert Advisors.
2. About your trading strategy: what pairs do you usually trade? Do you always trade the same timeframes?
I focus primarily on the major pairs (EURUSD, GBPUSD) but I venture also on more volatile pairs, trying to discern broader movements. Let’s say that I focus more on lower timeframes (M5, M15) to avoid too great stops.
3. As a trader, what would you say is your greatest strength?
I think that over the years my greatest strength has been my perseverance . Like most traders, I made many mistakes in the past that made me lose… but I never stopped trying.
4. And your biggest weakness?
My greatest weakness is definitely overtrading.
5. Our algos tell us you are very good when it comes to Timing & Performance. Any ideas for other traders who need to improve on those attributes?
I think that the good results of Timing and Performances are due to my strategy seeking to identify “interesting” price levels.
6. What is the most important lesson you have learnt in your trading career?
The most important lesson is related to my weakness: never try to recover immediately after a loss but sticking to the strategy and especially for proper preservation of capital (good money management and NO overtrading!).
7. Finally, any comment you’d like to share with the fellow traders who read this?
One tip I can give is that I always look at how the large speculators are positioned (usually on the wrong side;).